Sunday, October 21, 2012

Weather, Breakfast, and a Little Sweat & Dirt!

Wednesday, October 17th-ish I think

It is strange to sit here and type that it is October, for the weather here is very different than October weather back home in Washington state.  Home, the air is crisp and cold, and it only gets colder and wetter as time goes on.  Here, it is getting hotter and hotter each week.  Thank the Lord we are right on the beach so we get the wonderful cool breeze off the water.  I think this is the hardest thing for me to get used to.  I love it, but it is really hot!!! Hahaha, and from what I am told it is just going to get hotter.  Pray that my body adjusts well to the warm temperature! Haha.

The other morning it rained for like five minutes.  It was early morning while I was still in bed so I laid there listening to it hit the tin roof.  It was a taste of home!  Not that I am homesick at all :0)  I am loving every minute of my time here and taking it all in knowing in the back of my mind and heart I will be heading home eventually and have to leave this all behind, other than in my heart.

Just the other day I helped in the kitchen in the morning for breakfast.  Well, being that they don't make breakfast (they buy bread rolls and add PB&J) we just got all the food ready and in the kitchen for the whole day.  We had seventeen bags of about twenty-five pounds each of rice.  I am guessing the size for I am not sure what the bags weighed.  Also we had fish, potatoes, lots of packets of seasonings, plus lots of other food.  :0)  Crazy how much food is made in one day!

Water and electricity are both off and on now.  I am learning that my hair does not need to be washed every day or even every other day :0)  I am also learning that sweat and dirt are a part of me everywhere I go!  I really don't mind.  Haha!  The one thing about the power being off that I am not such a fan of is that I cannot charge my camera battery.   I do love taking pictures and now some of the kids want their video taken so it uses up my battery even faster.  But again, it's all good. :0)

Blessings,

Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment