Saturday, October 20, 2012

Weekend in the Bush: Outreach!

Sunday October ?? (hahaha .. I have no idea the actual date today.)

It has been a while since I have last written, sorry about that.  Much has happened, both great things and not so great things.  I will start with the not so great things. hahahaha!

I have already gotten two sandworms in my feet!  ha ha ha, I was so grossed out when I first heard that I could get worms that I prayed and prayed that I would not get them.  But I got two within the first two weeks of being here.  The good part is that I am now great at removing them (it only took once to become an expert)! :0) Ha ha ha so if any of my house sisters get them I will be ready and willing to remove them!  :0) (As it turns out, they are not as bad as I was originally thinking they would be.  Praise the Lord.  I can honestly say I don't mind if I get any more!)

Now for the good/great/amazing news...

This past weekend (Thursday, Friday and Saturday), I went out on a bush-bush outreach.  It was so, so great!  God is/was so good!  The drive to the township (I honestly don't know what to call it) was about 2.5 hours or so.  And just to note, so you know, there were about twelve students, and 15 Mozambican Bible school students and pastors.  We were about an hour into our trip when we came upon a hit-and-run accident where a little 6-year-old boy was hit by a car and extremely injured.  Thankfully, we had a doctor with us (one of the students), and she was able to give direction and what-not.  We ended up loading out of the vehicle and waiting in the township for two hours while the others took the little boy to the hospital.  And, of course, because there is a group of white people standing around on the side of the road, it gathered a crowd!  We were able to minister to the people.  Someone shared about the love of Jesus and that we want to show His love, and one way to do that is by taking their friend to the hospital.  We did a drama of Jesus healing the blind beggars and then asked if anyone wanted prayer for healing. :0)  We then got to pray for many people who wanted healing!  We prayed for headaches, body pains, back pains, and knee pains.  We would pray and then ask how they were feeling and if they said "a little better," we would pray again.  Jesus healed one lady we prayed for who had pains in her body; although I would not see the healing physically with my eyes, I knew she was healed because after the "Amen" she had a huge smile on her face and started jumping and clapping!  It was a party!

We said our goodbyes when our ride returned and continued on our way.  We arrived after dark and set up camp (we stayed in tents).  So much happened the whole weekend; I wish I could write it all down, but it would take forever and you would probably get bored so I will just give you my highlights... I don't even really want to say they are highlights, because the whole trip was amazing!!  But, to give you a picture, I'll share a few stories.

Weekend in the Bush Highlights

Friday, we got to go around to the different houses and pray for people.  We sat, prayed, and loved on one old grandma who was blind.  Though she did not receive her sight, she did receive the love of Jesus into her life and heart!  We sat with her and her family for about an hour, just giving them love!  It was so peaceful, and full of His love!

I also got to pray for a little boy about two years old, who was an orphan which a little grandma had taken in.  This little boy touched my heart as I held him and prayed for him.  You could tell that he had mental problems and was not growing and maturing normally; he was such a sweet little boy!

Friday afternoon we did a kids' program, which really everyone comes to so it is not just the kids.  Ha ha - this was a blast!  They love, love, love to dance!!  So we danced a lot!  They love to see a white person dance, and they just laugh and have a great time.  We told Bible stories and did a drama, played games, and sang songs!  Some of the pastors and Mozambican men really have a heart and a gift for the kids!

That night we showed the Jesus film.  I found myself sitting in the dirt with the kids and mamas watching the film of Jesus' life.  I just sat and looked through the darkness at the large crowd of people sitting and standing in the dirt and a prayer went up from my heart asking Lord, let me stay here.  I felt such peace and so much of the Father's love in that moment.

We spent lots of time praying for healings and salvations that night.  We ended with a great dance party in the dirt.  The dust was rising so much!  It was great!!  Everyone was having a great time - - God is so good!!

There are many more things I could share - but I'll just wait 'till I come home to tell you more.  I am really looking forward to my next bush-bush outreach.

Blessings,

Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment